[mythtv-users] myth fixes/0.24 setup fails to detect HDHomeRun by ID or IP, but detected OK by cmd line tools

dch8758 at eml.cc dch8758 at eml.cc
Tue Jan 10 06:33:35 UTC 2012

on a remote backend server,

	uname -rmo
		3.1.0-1.2-xen x86_64 GNU/Linux
	lsb_release -dir
		Distributor ID: SUSE LINUX
		Release:        12.1

i've built installed mythbackend from git sources,

	mythbackend --version
		MythTV Version   : v0.24.1-120-g294968b
		MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
		Network Protocol : 63
		Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
		QT Version       : 4.8.0
		Options compiled in:
		 linux release using_oss using_backend
		 using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
		 using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
		 using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
		 using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
		 using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
		 using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
		 using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
		 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
		 using_live using_mheg

running

	mythtv-setup

, built from the same source tree, on a local desktop, i'm able to
connect to the server, and start the setup process.

my capture hardware is a

	HDHomeRun US

that's attached to a dedicated, second ethernet card on the server.

on the server, cmd line tools find the device,

	./hdhomerun_config discover
		hdhomerun device 101110BA found at 10.10.10.1

and i can scan & detect all my known channels channels successfully
with,

	./hdhomerun_config 101110BA scan /tuner0

at the MythTV Setup "2. Capture Cards" -> "Capture Card Setup" screen, I
select

	Card Type: HDHomeRun DTV tuner box

The next field, shows only,

	Available devices: Manually Enter IP Address

and *no other* options are available in the dropdown.

I've been told in #hdhomerun that there should be multiple options,
including "Device ID", or some such, as long as the device is properly
detected, and that there "must be" a networking problem.

If I, instead, just enter the device's IP address (10.10.10.1) in the
"IP Address:" field down the page a bit, and proceed to a channel scan,
I get NO channel locks, and no working channels are retrieved.

Is the lack of additional dropdowns an indication of a networking
problem?  If so, where do I look for it, given that the cmd line
hdhomerun_config tests above are working?

any other possibilities here?

dch