[mythtv-users] mythtv schema upgrade, from v1227 -> v1264, FAILs @ v1262: "Data truncated for column 'data' at row 1"

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:05:15 UTC 2012

On 1/9/12 1:48 PM, dch8758 at eml.cc wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012, at 12:59 PM, jk90090 wrote:
>>> how can I workaround the broken schema upgrade step?
>>>
>> Your error is caused by NULL values in the data column.
>>
>> mysql -u<username>  -p<password>  -Dmythconverg
>> # select * from settings where Data is Null;
>>
>> On my system the result is 0 records.
> checking right after the @v1261 fail, here i've,
>
> mysql>  use mythtv_db;
> 	Database changed
> mysql>  select * from settings where Data is Null;
> 	+-------------------------------+------+----------+
> 	| value                         | data | hostname |
> 	+-------------------------------+------+----------+
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart  | NULL | NULL     |
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd    | NULL | NULL     |
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus | NULL | NULL     |
> 	| DataDirectMessage             | NULL | NULL     |
> 	+-------------------------------+------+----------+
> 	4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql>  select value from settings where data='';
> 	Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>> I'm not sure what the upgrade is doing, but it seems to alter the table
>> to have that column default with '' for values.  If that is indeed the
>> case, then perhaps you can change all of the NULL values to '':
>>
>> # update settings set data = '' where data is null;
> mysql>  update settings set data = '' where data is null;
> 	Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> 	Rows matched: 4  Changed: 4  Warnings: 0
> mysql>  select value from settings where data='';
> 	+-------------------------------+
> 	| value                         |
> 	+-------------------------------+
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart  |
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd    |
> 	| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus |
> 	| DataDirectMessage             |
> 	+-------------------------------+
> 	4 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> seems to finish the rest of the way to v1264.
>
> so you've identified what the problem is, thanks!
>
> is this something that I can fix, rather than just workaround, on my
> end?  or is it a bug that needs fixing?
>
> dch
> _
Here's what my values have:
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd                         | 2012-01-08
21:54:27

| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart                       | 2012-01-08
21:54:08

| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus                      | mythfilldatabase
ran, but did not insert any new data into the Guide for 2 of 2 sources.
This can indicate a potential grabber failure. |
| DataDirectMessage                                  | Your subscription
expires on Tue Sep 25 9:43
PM

These should (if you're using DataDirect for you program guide) update
automatically when mythfilldatabase next runs.  You can run it manually
if you'd like to see it updated.

-JK