[mythtv-users] Showing Episode number in Theme?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jan 9 19:56:19 UTC 2012

On 09.01.2012 20:33, Jan Johansson wrote:
> I changed my data provider for tv_grab_se.

I don't know of that provider. Did you mean _se_tvzon? (Joakim is
trying to find episode names to enhance the experience, so that sounds
right)

> As a bonus I now get the episode names, and other goodness that my old
> provider did not give.
>
> But there is a downside. The only way for me to now see the episode
> number is by using (I)nfo in the overview, where it was previously in
> the title for the listing.

The episode number is only used to make up unique ids, it is not
imported into its own fields. You can only get episode numbers for
recordings after they have been recorded and additional metadata has
been pulled from thetvdb.com

> I found this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MythTV-Arclight.png
> where the Season/Episode is listed, but that is not the case when I

thats a screenshot of the video browser showing what the filename and
metadata grabber could find. It has nothing to do with recordings.

> Can I enable the season/episode data somehow?

If you are feeling adventurous you can take a peek at the upcoming
development and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
Notice that the development version might be broken at times. So you
have to follow the development list and commits closely.

For enhancing recordings on 0.24-fixes take a look at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Jamu

Regards,
Karl