[mythtv-users] i2c errors (revisited)

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Jan 9 18:28:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
> Devin, Keith
> Sorry for maybe little off-topic/hijacking thread.
> I have dual DVB-T card (Kworld 310PE, saa7162).
> I merged
> http://powarman.dyndns.org/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-dvb-saa716x/summary
> with current 3.0.x kernel tree.
> Card works, but after touching 2nd tuner & short usage I started to have I2C
> errors between saa7162 & tda10046.
> Some of them I was able to resolve as it was simple initialization race
> issue.
> Unfortunately others I can't resolve due lack of experience in I2C
> implementation in Linux.
> Andreas Regel seem to be unavailable (i contacted him 3 times without
> replay).
> Is is possible that You will look on 716x driver code ?
> I can provide all details via PM.
>
> Thx in advance !

Hello Warpme,

I'm not really set to look at some random driver branch that isn't
upstream.  If it isn't upstream then it's likely for a reason -
because the developer doesn't think it's not ready for upstream
inclusion.

Also, this is an hg tree, which means it probably won't build against
modern kernels (meaning anybody would would want to help you would
have to downgrade to around 2.6.36 in order to even build it).

Finally, in this particular case it's for a chipset that very few
people have documentation on (they're only available under NDA), so
debugging it would be quite annoying unless you have the register
docs...

You need to either have enough of a vested interest to spend 10-20
hours debugging the problem, or you'll just have to wait for the
developer to get around to it.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs