[mythtv-users] Finding channel frequency

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Mon Jan 9 02:28:15 UTC 2012

> The frequencies are in dtv_multiplex table.  One often needs
> both the frequency and the program id (serviceid).  My bad
> memory suggests that you need to do something like the
> following in mysql:
>
>    select c.sourceid, c.chanid, c.freqid, c.channum,
>    c.callsign, c.name, m.frequency, c.serviceid from
>    channel as c, dtv_multiplex as m
>    where c.mplexid = m.mplexid order by c.chanid;
>
> to get the frequency, serviceid, and other potentially
> useful information for your channels.

Figured it out. Maybe this will be of assistance to someone else. The
channel I was most interested in was 51-13. In mythconverg , using mysql
Select, I found this info pertaining to that channel:  1 |   1523 |
51     | 51-13   | 1523     |   | 387012500 |        13 |

In dvb apps I opened up us-Cable-IRC-center-frequencies-QAM256 and found
the line:" #50
A 381000000 QAM256" I created a new file named "channel-51-QAM256" ,
pasting that line into it. I then ran scan against it (not dvbscan) and
it displayed the following:

[0001]:387012500:QAM_256:1984:1985:1
[000f]:387012500:QAM_256:2049:2048:15
[0005]:387012500:QAM_256:2112:2113:5
[0007]:387012500:QAM_256:2176:2177:7
[000b]:387012500:QAM_256:2240:2241:11
[000d]:387012500:QAM_256:2304:2305:13
[0013]:387012500:QAM_256:2368:2369:19
[0015]:387012500:QAM_256:2432:2433:21
[0011]:387012500:QAM_256:2496:2497:17

I created a channels.conf file with this info and set VLC preferences to
use it for the default stream. I now can launch VLC and change channels
via the playlist.

Works great!