[mythtv-users] i2c errors (revisited)

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Sun Jan 8 18:57:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/08/2012 06:24 AM, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>>   - Tuners: 2 x Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (USB) and 1 x PCTV Nanostick 290e
>>     (also USB)
>>

> Just a wild guess, but do you have EIT enabled on more than one of the
> cards? I've heard there are problems with some cards where if EIT is
> used on multiple cards, it causes the driver/device to "break".  (Don't
> know any details, though.)

Hi Mike,

Wow, that's pretty disturbing if it's true (I'm saying this with my
"linux-media driver developer" hat).  I guess devices such as the
Nova-T 500 could be more susceptible to this sort of bug given a
single i2c master is shared across two tuners, but you definitely
shouldn't see this sort of issue between two different cards (with
different i2c masters).

Any links/background you can point me to on this issue would be helpful.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs