[mythtv-users] Finding channel frequency

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 20:24:47 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 07:36, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I am sure this info is in the myth database, but I am not sure how to find the actual frequencies.

The frequencies are in dtv_multiplex table.  One often needs
both the frequency and the program id (serviceid).  My bad
memory suggests that you need to do something like the
following in mysql:

  select c.sourceid, c.chanid, c.freqid, c.channum,
  c.callsign, c.name, m.frequency, c.serviceid from
  channel as c, dtv_multiplex as m
  where c.mplexid = m.mplexid order by c.chanid;

to get the frequency, serviceid, and other potentially
useful information for your channels.