[mythtv-users] DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcast) Support?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Jan 7 06:28:58 UTC 2012

On 1/7/2012 00:51, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> As per subject, DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcast+) Support? I did some
> searching and failed to find anything worth pursuing.

MythTV is designed for television, and only supports recording from
cards that use the standard Linux television capture interfaces (V4L2,
DVB, etc...).  The only form of "radio" currently supported are the
audio-only DVB-T channels used in the UK.  There is no real reason not
to support radio, but doing so properly would involve writing new tuner
types to support new interfaces exposed by radio tuners, and then tying
it into the same audio-only mode DVB-T radio uses.  That's a significant
undertaking that no one has yet taken the time to do.

For what it's worth, there seems to simply be very little support for
radio in Linux in general.  The only project I can find is OpenDAB,
which only works with a single USB tuner that hasn't been produced since
2002.