[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 14:11:03 UTC 2012

> Unfortunately, mythlink first unlinks all the existing symlinks, so if it
> runs while viewing a show, the show stops (because the file is deleted).
> I got around this by removing the "delete any old links" code in mythlink.
> In crontab I run mythlink every hour and once a day it removes all the
> symlinks in /<shared path>.
>
> Or you could add mythlink as a userjob feeding it the specific recording.
 In that method mythlink only creates the new link.  If you do this, please
note that the symlinks will not be removed when you delete recordings (or
when they autoexpire).  For that reason, it is best to also run it with
cron when you do not expect to be watching tv to delete all the old
symlinks and rebuild completely.

Jeremy