[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Rob rob.on.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:23:49 UTC 2012

On 05.01.2012 21:19, chrisham wrote:

> This creates links with human-readable names for your recordings, so you
> can at least recognize them by name.

After some tweaking I call mythlink.pl with option --format '%T/%pY-%pm-%pd, %pG_%pi %- %S' --dest /<shared path>
This creates a subdirectory with the name of each show, within this subdirectory is stores the episodes.

Then I publish the /<shared path>  using serviio.  On the TV I select the "Folder" view and find my show names alphabetically.
With my European D5700 I had to unselect option "transcode," otherwise the Samsung would complain that the fileformat is unknown...

Unfortunately, mythlink first unlinks all the existing symlinks, so if it runs while viewing a show, the show stops (because the file is deleted).
I got around this by removing the "delete any old links" code in mythlink.
In crontab I run mythlink every hour and once a day it removes all the symlinks in /<shared path>.