[mythtv-users] Manual Channel Add

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 5 17:56:22 UTC 2012

On 1/5/2012 9:31 AM, Christopher Provias<kryspy33 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot for the life of me figure out how to successfully manually add 2
> sub-channels.   After a full scan channels 67_2 (69405) and 67_3 (73159)
> are not found even though they work in other applications.    Using the
> channel editor I think I have tried everything.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.   I can get guide data for these
> channels and schedule recordings.  The recordings show a B and fail.
> Looking further I believe it is due to a failed channels change.   In the
> frontend the channel is just black when tuned.
>
> Kryspy

You should use the backend channel editor (I forget exactly what it is
called).  Select the input/tuner of interest and choose scan channels.
Before doing the scan, select scan existing transport stream and select
the "physical" channel number associated with the 67.x PSIP channel
numbers.  Then scan.  If if fails to find the 67.2 and 67.3, then it
won't work.  You can repeat until it finds them if it is having trouble
tuning that channel.

I'm still using 0.21-fixes, so how to do this may be different in the
latest versions.

Jay