[mythtv-users] How to get mythtv-buildrebuild.py to work with MythWeb? ; WAS: GetPreviewImage is checking for recording at wrong start time

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:31:21 UTC 2012

On 1/4/12 4:07 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM, jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jk90090 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     If I wget that url, I get MythTV-mythweb-40cef91.tar.gz .  Looking
>     inside there, most (if not all) files are dated November 15, 2011,
>     and the files above are MISSING the commits.
>
>     Turns out the scripts/mythtv-buildrebuild.py doesn't by default
>     update mythweb at all, so I wasn't on a newer packaging than the
>     Nov 15th one (but still that should have included the commits):
>

> No.  It's shouldn't have.  Because the commits were made on December
> 2nd.  Which is after November 15th.

Robert, correct me if I'm wrong, but the mythtv-buildrebuild.py pulls
the latest tarball from github, specifically to ignore the latest
ebuilds sitting on github which can be days or weeks outdated.  The
script currently only seems to work for pulling the latest mythtv
tarball (and I would guess related packages like mythgallery etc, except
mythweb) but doesn't work for mythweb.  As such, it creates an
out-of-sync condition which led to my thinking that I had a defect.  So
in one sense, we 'appear' to have a 'defect' with the script since I
can't effectively update the entire system to the latest set of commits
with it, while I'll admit on the otherhand we have an enhancement
request to make the script work with mythweb.

Does the above make sense, or have I missed something?  If either case
above is true, then I should log something in the bugtrac system correct?

-JK