[mythtv-users] searching dialog then player abort after BE migration

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:24:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 07:56:19PM -0800, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Matt Garman <matthew.garman at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Previously I was using a combined FE+BE setup.  Last night, I moved
> > the backend to another server, using this[1] as a guide.
> >
> > I've only done brief testing so far, but everything appears to
> > mostly work, except one thing: for the most recent recordings---that
> > is, those that were recorded on the new backend, there is a problem
> > with playback.  If I just play, everything is OK.  But if try to use
> > the arrow keys to skip forward or back (e.g. skip past the show's
> > intro), then the video freezes, the "Searching..." dialog comes up
> > for about three whole minutes, then playback completely aborts and I
> > am returned to the recordings listing screen.
> >

> Sounds like you have a crashed or otherwise corrupted recordedseek
> table.
>
> Note that even once you have fixed this, if the case, that you
> will need to rebuild the seek table for the affected recordings.

I followed the suggestions on this page:

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable

Basically, optimize_mythdb.pl (on both the FE and BE databases),
mythcommflag, and mythtranscode.  None of these fixed the
problematic videos; the problem still exists.

But it is intermittent: some recordings are OK, some are
problematic.  In fact, two shows can be recorded at the same time
(HDHomeRun w/OTA) with one just fine and one being problematic.  Or,
a single show can be recorded at any random time, and there seems to
be a 50/50 chance that it will have the problem.  In other words, I
can't see any pattern to the problem: not isolated to a particular
time, channel, or TV show.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt