[mythtv-users] Protocol version problem

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 3 11:36:29 UTC 2012

On 02/01/12 17:50, Yianni Vidalis wrote:

> Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 18:24:21 +0100
> From: raptorjr08 at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Protocol version problem
>

> After some similar problems in the past I now delete everything under /usr/share/mythtv, /usr/include/mythtv and /usr/lib/mythtv before every reinstallation of trunk (my prefix is /usr).
>

> Yianni.

> I found the problem. Somehow, never happend before, the upstart script didn't stop the backend. So the old version was already running. Did some killing of processes and now everything works again.
>

> /Stefan

> Glad you did!
>
> In my previous previous I had added "make sure you are not still running the previous version of the backend", but then I saw the identical versions of backend/frontend and I deleted it!
>
> I shouldn't have doubted me!

Gentlemen, please!

The above exchange is almost impossible to understand. You have chopped off any
reference to the previous poster, except sometimes a single name at the end, and
you have left in excess blank lines and irrelevant .sig lines from previous
posters as well.

Apart from the two - or three - or more - involved in this conversation no-one
else is going to have a clue what transpired here. Not helpful when someone
searches the archives in three months time.

Please follow the list posting rules, something like: Bottom post, remove .sigs
from previous posters, leave poster's details at top, keep nested thread
indicator lines, remove excess detail not relevant to the reply. That way the
rest of us might at least have a chance at following the thread.

--

Mike Perkins