[mythtv-users] Powering up hidden FE

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 3 04:30:05 UTC 2012

Joey Morris <rjmorris at nc.rr.com> wrote on Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:07:46PM -0500:
> I will note that I do have another frontend, also running Ubuntu and
> the same kernel as this one, where even with this udev rule I can't
> get it to wake from USB. The motherboard manual says it's supported,
> and it's enabled in the BIOS. I'm still investigating that one.

After several months of grumbling every time I had to hit the case's
power button to wake this frontend up from sleep, I finally got it
working tonight. For this frontend (cortez, Ubuntu 11.04, kernel
2.6.38), I needed udev rules for *both* of these:

  echo enabled > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.2/usb5/power/wakeup
  echo enabled > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1a.2/power/wakeup

My other frontend (pizarro, Ubuntu 11.04, kernel 2.6.38), where
wake-on-USB has been been working all along, needed just the first
one. Also, the command:

  echo USB# > /proc/acpi/wakeup

wasn't necessary on cortez like it was on pizarro. In fact,
/proc/acpi/wakeup on cortez didn't have any USB S3 entries in it at
all.