[mythtv-users] HD Audio in 0.24-fixes?

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:56:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Taylor Ralph <taylor.ralph at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only issue I ran into was the default ALSABufferOverride value in
>> the code was causing an issue with the ALSA library. JYA added the
>> ability to override this value from the command line. I use the
>> following.
>>
>> mythfrontend -O ALSABufferOverride=400
>>
>> Hopefully you won't need to use the override.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Taylor
>
> Hmm... Just ran in to issues...
>
> I'm using ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3 which give me audio however the
> options for E-AC3, TrueHD and DTS-HD cannot be selected.  I've tried
> rescanning for audio devices and even rebooting.  Nothing works.  My
> receiver is a Onkyo TX-NR5008 so it plays *everything*.
>
> I'm also using Mint 12 which has ALSA 1.0.24.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

I'd read through the following wiki and see what ELD information is
being reported.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HDAudioPassthrough

If the ELD doesn't report the proper capabilities then MythTV won't
offer support. It seems like many have had success with Onkyo
receivers so hopefully yours will be supported too.

--
Taylor