[mythtv-users] Metadata lookup kills FE

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 3 02:16:38 UTC 2012

On 01/02/2012 09:09 PM, Kevon wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 08:46 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Kevon<mythtv at reidsresidence.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> I am experiencing frequent crashes of my FE whenever mythvideo is
>>> doing a large metadata update. This happens specifically when myth is
>>> looking up video data at tvdb or tmdb for a large number of videos (so
>>> far 8 or more seems to be the magic number). I can easily reproduce
>>> the crash by adding a large number of files to the video directory. I
>>> get the below error in FE logs after the recent crash:
>>>
>>> QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type
>>> 'QNetworkReply::NetworkError'
>>> (Make sure 'QNetworkReply::NetworkError' is registered using
>>> qRegisterMetaType().)
>>> 2012-01-02 20:04:43.717 Tried to write
>>> http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/...., but it appears to be an
>>> HTML redirect (filesize 0).
>>> QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type
>>> 'QNetworkReply::NetworkError'
>>> (Make sure 'QNetworkReply::NetworkError' is registered using
>>> qRegisterMetaType().)
>>> 2012-01-02 20:05:52.896 Tried to write
>>> http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/...., but it appears to be an
>>> HTML redirect (filesize 0).
>> What Qt?  From the error message, it sounds like the Qt itself is broken
>> (as metadata download relies on Myth's Download Manager, which is turn is
>> built around all the Qt network functionality... which is what it's
>> complaining about here).
>>
> I am running qt-4.7.0. Is there a way to test of qt is at fault outside
> myth?

FWIW, the "QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type
'QNetworkReply::NetworkError' (Make sure 'QNetworkReply::NetworkError'
is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)" warning isn't important.
The code has been changed in unstable/development so it is "proper", but
whether or not the change is in place has no effect on the metadata
grabbers' ability to do their jobs, IME.

Mike