[mythtv-users] getting MythVideo to display TV-episode-subtitle/screenshot rather than show-title/season-cover-art

Tomas Aronsson d0malaga at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:39:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been struggling with the gallery view too and googled for old postings:

On Jan 31, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Drew Streib wrote:
> OK, I figured this out, although I don't see it documented anywhere (I'll look again though):
> MythVideo (gallery view) will show episode titles and screenshots for each episode _only_ if the folders are in a format like:
> Heroes/Season 1/episodefile

> I had changed my directory structure to:
> Heroes/S01/episodefile
> and that lost the hint that told mythvideo that the file was a tv show and to display episodes&screenies rather than show title&cover art.

> So as long as the directory structure includes the explicit "Season xx" convention, things appear to pick up properly again.

For v0.24.1 (using Fedora 16 RPM Fusion) the text above is correct if
you're not running a localized client... when checking the source code
in mythvideo/videodlg.cpp it seems to assume a TV episode if the
directory name starts with the translated word for Season, in my case
"Säsong" (swe). The metadata grabber, Ttvdb.py, still expects "Season"
so do not rename the directory to your localized season before you've
got the metadata.

The gallery view also considers a video to be a TV episode if the
metadata "title" is identical to the parent directory.

Would this info be relevant to add to the wiki,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo? Are there better places to
document it? Has it changed in v0.25?

/Tomas