[mythtv-users] Powering up hidden FE

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Mon Jan 2 13:29:10 UTC 2012

Sorry this took me so long.  I'm running Gentoo, so there is a file
called: "/etc/local.d/baselayout1.start" that is executed late in the
boot process.  There are a few relevant lines in there:

# Enable wake-on-USB
echo "US15" >/proc/acpi/wakeup
echo "enabled" >/sys/bus/usb/devices/4-1/power/wakeup

Waltzing around in /sys has always been a challenge for me.  Things
appear to be there multiple times, and sometimes it looks like it really
is duplication, and sometimes it looks like there are subtle
differences.  When my wakeup broke post-2.6.32, it took a fair amount of
searching to find this fix, I believe somewhere in USB mailing list
archives.  I didn't get here by RTFM.

In some response to your 11-12-26 note, it looks to me as if the USB
stuff is sort-of available through multiple locations, and you've gone
to the parent device before going to the specific device.  You then
followed yet another specific-device path and dove down a fair amount
further before getting to your "wakeup".  My paths aren't exactly like
yours, but when I walk down the equivalent path (I'm using lirc_mceusb,
not the in-kernel devinput stuff.) I get a similar wakeup, but it's
empty, even though it's marked read/write.  I don't think it's "real".
Try the shorter path, back at the device level, instead of going into
the input subsystem.

As for your diagnosis, I think it's write, and this is what fixed it for
me.  One of these days I'll move from lirc_mceusb to devinput...

Dale