[mythtv-users] Which antenna is attached to this wire?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 05:31:08 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Satellite is usually a screw fitting and terrestrial a push fit... But I
> expect you knew that already.

These are all screw F-type connectors so no clues there (and I have
found it very dependent on the installer as to what connector they
use.

> Alternatively you can use a tool which puts a
> frequency down the cable you can detect with the other half of the tool.
> Finally disconnect from auroral l aerial and connect the infer cable to the
> outer cable temporarily and use a multimeter on a resistance setting to see
> which off them is shorted.

I think I have it sussed from a peek at roof level, didn't need to get
right up there, just sighted where the cables disappeared into the
house and deduced from there. I'll test it out with some real gear
tomorrow.