[mythtv-users] Slave Backend

Jeffrey Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Tue Feb 28 23:13:49 UTC 2012

I have one system running Mythbuntu 11.04 with MythTV version 0.24.2 running
as a backend with three digital tuners in place.  I am running another
identical system as a slave backend with MythTV version 0.24.2 running
Mythdora 12.23 with three analog tuners.  When I attempt to bring up the
frontends, all I am getting are the digital tuners.  The analog tuners do
not show up, even though they show up just fine in the backend setup for the
Mythdora system.  I can also perform a cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg and get
video just fine.

What is causing the analog tuners to NOT show up?  Is there a log I can look
at somewhere that will tell me?  There are no errors, other than the absence
of the analog tuners.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff