[mythtv-users] Scheduler interrupts playback

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Tue Feb 28 20:17:53 UTC 2012

On 2/28/12 3:09 PM, Paul Warren wrote:
> I'm experiencing occassional pauses in playback lasting a few seconds.
> As far as I can tell they usually coincide with when recordings are
> starting or finishing, so I'm guessing it's the scheduler running.

This is something that I have been noticing as well but it hasn't been
bothersome to me.  My theory was that it has to do with the ring buffer
switching to a new file since the program guide would indicate a new
program starting.  The only times I ever see this happen are on the half
hour marks (at noon, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, etc).  I rarely see it last more
than a second or two but if the backend server is under high load (such
as another program loading it down) it may pause for up to 5 seconds but
that is very rare.

Sorry, I know my post isn't much help but I figured I'd at least share
my experience.

For reference I'm now running master but I did noticed this occasionally
in 0.24 as well.