[mythtv-users] Issues with 0.25

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Tue Feb 28 01:22:03 UTC 2012

On 28/02/2012 10:18 AM, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:

>>> Out of curiosity, what theme are you using?  Some new "filter" options
>>> where added to 0.25, and not all the themes support them.  That should
>>> NOT cause your problem, but who knows...
>>>
>>> If you are not using MythCenter(-wide), Terra or Steppes, give one of
>>> them a try, just to verify that that is not it.
>>>

>>> John
>> Was using Mythbuntu theme, have tried changing to MythCenter-Wide, no
>> difference.
>> Unfortunately I am unable to try Steppes, as none of my systems will
>> download any of the downloadable themes.
> What version of Mythbuntu are you using?  When I tried migrating my existing
> 10.04 / 0.24 setup over to 0.25, I had several issues like you're mentioning
> (can't download themes, recording problems, etc) on all my systems.
> However, on my fresh install 11.10 / 0.25 test partition on my laptop, none
> of them are present.  I am thinking that the issues I was seeing are more an
> older *buntu problem than a MythTV one.

I had thought of that, and doing a clean install of 0.25 on Ubuntu
10.04, the themes download successfully.
I copied the Steppes theme downloaded on the "Test" MBE to my frontend,
and the theme works.  Also with the Steppes theme I can press Enter in
the "Program Schedule" Screen and select Record This Showing, and
successfully schedule a new program, pressing M and selecting "Record
This" still does not work.

Now to work out whats causing my Production MBE to not download the themes.
When entering the "Theme Chooser" screen on a FE, I can see the FE
download files from http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/trunk/,
but when you select a theme neither the FE or the MBE try to download
anything.