[mythtv-users] Editing two recordings together

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 00:57:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You know, you spent more time asking than it woulda taken to just cat
>> the two files together and see if it will play back. :)
> True that. Wasn't near my mythbox at the time so I'm probably
> overthinking it. Will try it as soon as I can

Well, as I'm sure someone else will point out, it doesn't seem like
you can cat 720 and 1080 files together to make one recording. After
cat'ing the files I did a lossless record to rebuild the seek table
after slowly making its way through, after reaching close to 100% and
then goes to -0.0% complete (note the minus sign.).

So since his probably won't work and I'm a complete ffmpeg noob. Is
there a recommended command line that will take a 1080 mpeg2 recording
and convert it to a 720 mpeg2 recording so I can cat those two
together and edit the resulting mpeg2 file down?

Thanks.