[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Mon Feb 27 03:04:28 UTC 2012

Thanks for writing this. I gave it a try on my setup.

Phone was a Bell Motorola Atrix 4G Running android 2.3.6
MythTV is 0.24-fixes v0.24.2-14-g9743d9c

I was able to get it to connect to the backend OK, I was also able to
get it to retrieve the list of recorded programs. it would be nice if it
could sort them as a feature in the future as I have a lot (thousands)
of recordings. Given the size of the list it loaded in a reasonable
amount of time, however if I selected a recording nothing happened, I
waited for about 2-3 minutes.

I also tried the videos button, it starts loading videos, but never
displays the list and force closes.

Lastly I tried to watch live TV, but I was presented with a grey screen
after pressing he button on my phone. There was no noticeable activity
from the backend (both from watching the log, and the HD-PVR).

Hope you find the feedback useful.

Regards,
Erik