[mythtv-users] UK subtitles

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Feb 25 13:19:32 UTC 2012

On 25/02/12 11:17, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 25/02/12 07:24, David Crawford wrote:
>>
>> Actually not using the front end really, just scheduling recordings via
>> mythweb. But it seems that its set to 'Normal' anyhow.
>>
> Not the point. Your /recording/ happens on a backend, it's just that the menus
> to set recording parameters are accessable via a front-end menu.

It's also possible, since it's set from the frontend, that the choice
you make there is tied to the recordings made by the backend/s for that
particular frontend, recognised by its 'hostname' - although that may
not be the preferred term now - as specified in one of the earlier
frontend setup screens.  Anyway, it seems that you want to set up a
system-wide default.