[mythtv-users] Welcome to the "mythtv-users" mailing list

Bjørn Konestabo rothron at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 09:14:54 UTC 2012

Greetings. After a few years on hiatus, I'm making another push to get my
MythTV back together, but I've hit some hurdles regarding the remote
control.

I've got a Hauppauge PVR-150 that's only being used for its ir-receiver.

I'm on Fedora Core 16 now and I've understood that lirc_i2c is history and
that ir-kbd-i2c is the way to go. That's all well and good, but while lirc
provided very low level control, ir-kbd-i2c has a more "everything should
work out of the box" mindset, which would be fine if it worked.

I'm able to fire it up and getting it to talk to lirc, but I'm getting
repeated keypresses. More precisely, according to ir-keytable -t, my key-up
events are delayed. 50 percent of the time irw gives me 1 digit for each
keypress, 50 percent of the time I'm getting 2 or more. I see this both
using my Harmony, and the gray Hauppauge remote.

I've fiddled with the repeat delay and repeat period of ir-keytable but
they do not seem to have any effect at all. Google searches have not been
fruitful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.