[mythtv-users] HDPVR and Live TV - Does anyone have this working?

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Sat Feb 25 04:30:36 UTC 2012

John P Poet wrote:
> I am not in a position to test the attached patch at this time.
> However, a couple of months ago, when I was looking into the problem,
> I found that lowering the timeout for read errors from 2.5 seconds to
> 1 second allowed LiveTV to recover better from glitches.  The attached
> patch makes that change.
>
> Here is a link to the driver patch that will *probably* make this
> change unnecessary:
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/media-next.git/blobdiff/63ae37ea5186a6890a8968611180dc61118f719d..afa159538af61f1a65d48927f4e949fe514fb4fc:/drivers/media/video/hdpvr/hdpvr-video.c
>

> John

Oh... WOW...  When I last had time to work with the driver, which was a
couple of years ago, I had a patch moved that line.  But it also moved
the INIT_WORK and queue_work calls to occur before the HDPVR was sent
the start streaming command.   I have no idea now why I didn't send it
in with the other patches I did then.   Mauro Chehab's patch is simpler
than mine.  I'll give his a try and probably give mine a try again too.

Thanks much,
Alan