[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Feb 24 22:26:19 UTC 2012

>> Also, none of this allows me to just navigate to Kangaroo Cry and just
>> play
>> it.  I don't do playlists, never have, [hopefully] never will.  I have
>> always been a jump around and listen to individual songs on whims, or
>> entire
>> albums in the background type.
>>

>Maybe I misunderstand what you mean, but AFAICT it's possible to
>select either an Artist, an Album or a track in the Music Selector and
>just play it, where 'just play it' means 'make it the next track'.

AFAICT, that is not possible, not with our first adding it to the current
"playlist".  The shortest way I have found to simply play a song is to
navigate to it, select it (which adds it to the current playlist), then
click Menu -> Player Options -> Play (this will not work without it first
being in the current playlist).  With my music playing habits, this
ultimately lead to a very cluttered current playlist.  Not exactly what I
would call straight forward.  DEFINITELY not would I would call as even
registering on the WAF scale.