[mythtv-users] UK subtitles

David Crawford davidcrawford83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:35:28 UTC 2012

On 24 February 2012 21:28, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

>  On 2/24/2012 16:07, David Crawford wrote:
>
> On 24 February 2012 20:54, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/24/2012 15:48, Richard Morton wrote:
>> > How are you extracting the subtitles; using a script? what script?
>>
>>  See mythccextractor in 0.25.  It uses the same libraries as
>> mythfrontend, so if you can view the subtitles in mythfrontend, you can
>> extract them with mythccextractor.
>>

>  I know that they havent been recorded as they would be there if you try
> extracting with apps such as ProjectX for example.
>

> It seems sometimes it will record the PID containing the subs and other
> times no.
>

> Is it possible the subtitles are simply being sent in a manner Project-X
> cannot handle?  Maybe it can do DVB subtitles, but not MHEG ones.

The thing is it's not working on programs that it should be working. For
example on Sky news its working on hardly any recordings. This has only
happened for me since switching to linux and dvbviewer.

I have seen a similar problem a while back in dvbviewer where they werent
being captured, the problem turned out to be that the PID for the subtitles
was wrong, it was set to teletext for interactive services or somethig like
that. It was easy to solve this by just changing the PID's manually.

How do you do that in Myth?

Thanks for the info