[mythtv-users] Subject: Re: MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Feb 24 20:02:41 UTC 2012

On 2/24/2012 14:46, kenkyee at yahoo.com wrote:
> > The new web services API in 0.25 (when it's released) will do just
> > that. The developer of the app developed against .23 and .24 which
> > does not have the WS API.
>
> Excellent.  Thanks, Tom.
> That explains the "enable control by android/ios devices" checkbox
> that is in Mythbuntu but keeps getting unchecked on me... :-)

That could actually be one of two things.  Mythfrontend has had a
control server available through port 6546 for years, which many third
party utilities, including ones for Android and iOS, have used to
remotely control the frontend.  That is independent from similar
behavior found in the new Services API.