[mythtv-users] HDPVR and Live TV - Does anyone have this working?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:27:12 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> I have two HDPVR's since my cable provider has the copy bit set.  The
> HDPVR is doing a good job recording shows but since my cable provider
> will start phasing out analog channels I want to get live tv working for
> my wife.  When I change channels with my HD Home Run in live TV the
> channel changes fine.  When I try to do the same with the HDPVR 80% of
> the time I get a failure.  The jist of the failure is that mythtv can
> not find the ringbuffer file to play from.  The initial channel is found
> correctly but on channel change is when the failure happens.
>
> Is anyone else able to watch live tv from the hdpvr input?

John,

My parents have a similar setup, two HDPVR as well, two frontends can
start live tv fine and play, but at the show change marks one of the
frontends stops playing, the other seems to ride through the program
change fine, but not always. The recording files for the new shows get
created and have data, so it seems as though the backend is properly
tuning and recording which is also what I see in the backend log.

is this somewhat similar to what you're seeing?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!