[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend (mythvideo) .25 crashes and timeouts

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 24 17:45:56 UTC 2012

On 02/24/2012 12:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Yes, in the upgrade, MythTV will remove the CPU+, CPU++, and CPU--
> profiles.  Any host that was using one of those (broken) profiles will
> then be using Normal after upgrade.

Didn't finish the thought... Sorry.

Normal is more resource-intensive than Slim.  Any user having playback
issues after the upgrade should try the Slim Playback Profile Group,
rather than Normal.  (Where I'm assuming that anyone who was using one
of the CPU* groups does not have VDPAU support.)

Mike