[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend for Android released on Market

- - fretinvin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:49:54 UTC 2012

On 24 February 2012 15:43, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:

> On 12-02-24 09:40 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
> > On 12-02-24 09:22 AM, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
> > ..
> >> I have only two lines:
> >>
> >> 2012-02-24 15:20:31.318 MainServer::HandleVersion - Client did not pass
> >> protocol token. Refusing connection!
> >> 2012-02-24 15:20:31.371 MainServer, Warning: Unknown socket closing
> >> MythSocket(0xffffffffa9302740)
> >
> > That's due to a peculiar bit of code added post-release to 0.24,
> > which wants a "magic number" as well as the correct version.
> > This appears to be designed to make it difficult for out-of-tree
> > code to talk to the backend.
> >
> > So dig around in the source code, find the magic number, and pass it
> along.
> > That number will change from time to time, creating a bit of a
> maintenance
> > headache for no good reason.
>
> Here's the magic number for current .git versions of 0.24-fixes:
>
>     #define MYTH_PROTO_TOKEN "3875641D"
>
> Just stick it onto the end of the line, with a space between it
> and the protocol version number that you already have.

Thank you all for your help. Actually, I did try to pass the token but a
typo in the subclasses for specific protocol implementations made it not
appear on the socket.

I will try to find some time to release a new (tested(?)) version this
weekend.

Btw, I haven't heard any success-stories. Didn't anyone get it working?

/Fredrik