[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Fri Feb 24 11:27:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I really fail to see the issue here - if you give your music sensible
>> metadata as you rip it, it's there....if you buy from legal sources,
>> it's there...not sure where you've got all this untagged music from?
>
> Sounds like you're implying that he may have got his music from dubious
> sources. He may have just ripped his own CDs and not tagged them.

Not implying that at all - I just don't think it's a big deal to tag
CD's as you rip them, particularly since you've got pretty good odds
of it matching one of the music databases.

If you're ripping vinyl it's a slow process anyway, the few moments to
type a few track names while you're splitting them doesn't really
figure in...

- Chris