[mythtv-users] Current SFF Frontend of choice

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 04:01:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM, DaWorm <daworm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are these fanless?

They could be.  Mine is not; the only fan is the CPU fan, which can
only be heard if you put your ear right up to the case.  I might be
able to get away without a fan using a "T" series CPU (e.g. i3-2100T).
 Or, if I used a bigger case I could then use a massive heatsink and
go fanless (I have mine stuffed in a Habey EMC-800B case).

You can have silence without being fanless.  But you can easily go
fanless if you give up on size (big case + monster heatsink), or if
you spend the big bucks on one of those fancy cases that act as a
giant heatsink.  But you can get the best of both worlds (small, low
price) if you're willing to have a single, slow-moving fan---and you
still get silence.