[mythtv-users] Having trouble getting pause/play to work on remote

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Fri Feb 24 03:33:35 UTC 2012

I'm just setting up my first remote according to this doc:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VRC-1100_Ortek_Technology_MCE_Clone_Remote

The remote works perfectly on my office setup (Linux Mint 10, Myth .24)

I Followed the docs to a T at home on my backend/frontend and remote
frontend (laptop), even finally copied over the files from my working
set up at my office to my home devices, but cannot get it to behave the
same.

Specifically, lirc (irw)  does not display the remote model info when
pressing buttons.  Instead I get symbols on the screen instead of the
expected button name, outside of numeric buttons-those work fine.

When I launch myth a few buttons work as expected, but not as many as do
at my office. Specifically the PlayPause button. On my newest setup with
Mint 12 and myth .24, a warning sign (circle with slash) pops up on the
screen whenever I hit play or pause. I am not really sure what generates
the pop up, because it does not occur on my laptop running the frontend
(Mint 10 and myth .24). On the laptop It simply does not respond to
those buttons being pressed, yet some others work  fine.

~/.lirc/mythtv has the following info in the config for
button_PLAYPAUSE, so it seems it should be working fine

begin
     remote = devinput
     prog = mythtv
     button = button_PLAYPAUSE