[mythtv-users] HDPVR and Live TV - Does anyone have this working?

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Feb 23 00:28:13 UTC 2012

I have two HDPVR's since my cable provider has the copy bit set.  The
HDPVR is doing a good job recording shows but since my cable provider
will start phasing out analog channels I want to get live tv working for
my wife.  When I change channels with my HD Home Run in live TV the
channel changes fine.  When I try to do the same with the HDPVR 80% of
the time I get a failure.  The jist of the failure is that mythtv can
not find the ringbuffer file to play from.  The initial channel is found
correctly but on channel change is when the failure happens.

Is anyone else able to watch live tv from the hdpvr input?