[mythtv-users] mythweb backend status page 0.25 timing out

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Feb 22 23:48:11 UTC 2012

On 2/22/2012 18:09, Dan Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:

>>> fixed itself magically by rebooting
>> If available, I wouldn't mind seeing your backend logs from when it
>> wasn't working.  In particular, I would be interested in the first few
>> seconds worth where it's building its runtime configuration, and
>> starting up the various listen servers.
> took me a minute to realize that the logs are now in the syslog, here you go
> http://pastebin.com/6HQG7VEZ

Did you keep terminating the backend, or was there some system script
that was doing so?  It appears upstart terminated the first instance of
the backend.  The problem is that it didn't actually terminate it, it
terminated some wrapper script (mythtv-backend), which closed
immediately and left the actual running backend hanging.  With the
wrapper gone, upstart tried to start a new instance of mythbackend,
while the old instance was still running and listening on the HTTP
ports, blocking the new instance from setting up its web server.