[mythtv-users] Numeric Key-Bindings not working in recent 0.25 MythMusic

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:56:34 UTC 2012

On Monday I upgraded from 0.25[last September] to the current 0.25, to
take a look at the new MythMusic

The new interface looks interesting, but I'm getting stuck in the
PlayList window.  The previous command keys 3,4,5 etc which were
respectiively:
'Jump to Music Selection';  Toggle Visualisation; Toggle Blankscreen,
etc  aren't doing anything.

I've looked at the MythMusic frontend setup, the mythmusic keybindings
(3 and 4 have disappeared but 5 is still there and assigned to Toggle
Blank Screen) and I've done a reasonably amount of Googling without
finding anything except this thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/504792?search_string=mythmusic;#504792

... which mentions

> OK, I think I can confirm that the issue seems to be that none of
> the menu options in the Listen to Music screen are actually doing
> anything when selected. The menu disappears, but whatever you
>  selected does not seem to get applied. Highlighting and selecting
> a track plays it, but that’s about it. In fact, I even had to
> change the exit option to “Stop Playing†, because when set
> to “Prompt†, when I tried to select “Stop playing and
> exit† or “Continue playing and exit†, nothing happened
> ....the only way I could get out of music was to hit my Home button.

but I can't even tell if that's the same issue as I'm having.

So, for exampe, how can I turn on the visualisation?  I can see it
running in the preview window but can't make it fullscreen.

Is my particular install broken, do I have to create my own
keybindings for these functions, or is this Work-In-Progress, and I
just have to wait?

Thanks