[mythtv-users] MythTV Is Now Forked As Torc

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Feb 21 22:32:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> Simple take away, live transcoding and "content negotiation" are not the
> magical solution to all your content format woes.

No one asked for a magical solution to fix everything and make any
client be able to view any content.

I can tell you that on my 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo backend, the transcoding
script I have for my cell phone runs faster than real time on 1080i
mpeg2 input content recorded from Comcast via firewire/HDHR.  That
tells me that it would be possible to make this work at least some of
the time with relatively modest hardware.  Will it work for everyone?
Probably not, but that's ok as long as it works for me.  ;)

Eric