[mythtv-users] Firewire - Shaw - Score HD

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:50:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Kane Tse <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Are you still using Myth?  What are you using now?  I am interested in
>> > alternative providers ( other than SHAW ) for Mythtv capture in Canada.
>> >

>> Yes, still using MythTV.  I currently use OTA (HDHomerun) for most
>> recordings, and then have an HD-PVR hooked up to a single Optik TV
>> (Telus) controlled via IR blaster.  Everything is working quite well,
>> although the HD-PVR seems to be sensitive to heat... Ever since I've
>> placed it on a wire rack, the HDPVR recordings have been much more
>> reliable.
>

> I would really be interested in your Telus setup.  I want to convert to
> Telus in a month.
> Could you let me know your setup details?  Maybe share IRBlaster hardware
> type and conf files?  If you would not mind?

Be happy to help out.  Maybe we should take this off-list of start a
new thread since the original topic is about Shaw firewire capture.
Let me know what info you need, but there's nothing really special
about my setup...  Just Fedora 15 with an HD-PVR connected via USB.
Using the IR blaster module within the HDPVR itself to control the
Optik box.