[mythtv-users] Starting MythTV

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:25:19 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 10:08 AM, Duncan Gillibrand wrote:
> It's alive and working very well now. The change of ownerships sorted
> everything out. And Geoff's pointers helped me out with where to look for
> setting the correct ownerships....

Duncan;

Good to hear. I'm still curious about why you weren't getting
any information in /var/log/mysql/error.log. If you haven't
already, check their permissions. It could help you in the
future if a problem crops up.

Like this:

   $ sudo ls -l /var/log/mysql*
   -rw-r----- 1 mysql adm    0 2011-10-08 11:03 /var/log/mysql.err
   -rw-r----- 1 mysql adm    0 2011-10-08 11:03 /var/log/mysql.log

   /var/log/mysql:
   total 276
   -rw-rw---- 1 mysql adm 272810 2012-02-20 07:56 error.log
   -rw-rw---- 1 mysql adm    634 2011-09-24 13:12 error.log-old

Also, its convention to reply to the final post on this list
by adding [SOLVED] to the Subject:. So folks searching the
archive can use it as a keyword.

--
Take care,

Bill