[mythtv-users] Firewire - Shaw - Score HD

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:06:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just converted my setup from an HDPVR to Firewire capture from a
> Motorola 6200.
>
> I haven't test all the channels yet, but Score HD on Shaw (in Canada)
> cannot get a channel lock.  So if ScoreHD is one of you favourite channels,
> do not go Firewire.
>
> Gerald

I am still capturing all of my SHAW HD from my HDPVR due to this.  I tried
with Firewire a couple of years back and saw too many issues.  Now I just
use Firewire for channel changing.
Do you find that this works fine for all other channels?  As a fellow
Canadian with Shaw, I would be really interested in hearing about your
experiences.  I have been thinking of trying another source for TV ( Telus
or Sat )