[mythtv-users] i2c errors (revisited) and zero-byte recordings

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Mon Feb 20 14:34:44 UTC 2012

On 12-02-20 02:42 AM, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> I'm getting these errors almost every day now, each time necessitating a
> reboot of the backend:
>
> Feb 20 06:46:09 woodlands kernel: [49366.644929] DiB0070 I2C write failed

Some kind of bug in the kernel drivers for the tuner.
I wonder if this is the "driver doesn't mask signals" bug
that I've run into with other I2C hardware under Linux?

If so, it could be fixed in the kernel by masking signals
during I2C (probably a bad thing overall though)
or by doing something similar in the application (MythTV).