[mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:28:31 UTC 2012

 > Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:15:05 +0000
> From: lists at glidos.net
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336
>
> My girlfriends MythTV system is based on 12.1. Seems to be working fine,
> although I'm not sure what painter I've set it up to use. Any test that
> I can do that might help? (I cannot give a fast turnaround, but might be
> able to help a bit.)
>
> Paul.
You can try using the opposite of my override:I am using $ mythfrontend -O UIPainter=qt so please try$ mythfrontend -O UIPainter=opengl If the problem manifests itself, you'll get a black screen but the program is responsie, i.e. if you pres ESC the exit menu will "show". If you remember the sequence to exit e.g x times the up key and enter you will exit normally. Otherwise, you can always use the reliable ctrl+c combo in the terminal. Are you using nvidia drivers or nouveau (lsmod | grep nvidia should help) Thanks, Yianni.