[mythtv-users] Setting up HDHomeRun Prime on 0.25

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Sun Feb 19 23:41:16 UTC 2012

On 2/16/12 12:40 PM, Bob K Mertz wrote:
> On 2/16/12 11:05 AM, Mitchell Gore wrote:
>>

>> Also, if you follow those instructions you first attach the tuner to a
>> dummy recorder.  That way you can fetch the listings.  WHen doing this
>> it will pause for a bit and look like nothing is happening.  but if you
>> goto the channel editor you can see the channels it grabed.  Next you
>> attach the tuner to the Prime and delete the dummy.
>>

> On that page it said that using the dummy was for 0.24-fixes but I'm
> using the 0.25 branch.  I'll give that process a shot though and see if
> it makes a difference.

In case anyone following along ran into the same issue despite the fact
that you are running Master or 0.25 go ahead and follow the instructions
for 0.24-fixes and it should work.  Even in 0.25/Master (at least from
the mythbuntu repos) the channel numbers will not be fetched unless you
first configure the dummy recorder.

Instructions here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime