[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Feb 19 11:40:01 UTC 2012

On 19/02/12 02:38, Scott & Nicole Harris wrote:
>> OK, I think I can confirm that the issue seems to be that none of the menu
>> options in the Listen to Music screen are actually doing anything when
>> selected.  The menu disappears, but whatever you selected >does not seem to
>> get applied.  Highlighting and selecting a track plays it, but that’s about
>> it.  In fact, I even had to change the exit option to “Stop Playing”,
>> because when set to “Prompt”, when I tried to >select “Stop playing and
>> exit” or “Continue playing and exit”, nothing happened....the only way I
>> could get out of music was to hit my Home button
> Well, it appears to be an issue with Mythbuntu / Ubuntu 10.04, which all my
> systems are (and all four of them are exhibiting the same issue).  I did
> some testing on my laptop test partition, which has 11.10 on it, and
> everything works fine.  Think I’ll just roll back to 0.24 and wait until the
> release of Mythbuntu 12.04 (I try to stay with LTS) and and since 0.25
> should be official close to that time, I’ll upgrade to it then as well.  I
> decided to try this today because I don’t have anything recording until
> tomorrow, so worst case scenario, I have some orphaned stuff to clean up.

Well it's good to know that it's not MythMusic that is broken :) You
might just have a bad build which will clear itself up if you update
again I believe the library version change or something like that was
causing a few problems.

> I think I would still prefer an option to have the tree (whenever I
can actually get it to work) simply display my folder hierarchy, though.

Well that currently isn't possible. While it would be relatively easy to
add another node to the tree that allowed that I think the consensus of
opinion was to encourage everyone to add sane metadata to there tracks
rather than rely on the tracks filename.

Paul H.