[mythtv-users] WinTV HVR-1950 IR Transmit Supported?

Jeff Lawson cjlaws at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 08:33:23 UTC 2012

I've just picked up a HVR-1950, and was looking to see if the IR Blaster that is built in on it was supported for external channel changing?  I'm running Centos 6, with atrpms for the Mythtv install, have it working, video is fine, audio works, just can't change the darn channels.

I've got lirc 0.9 installed, and see the following when I load the ir-kbd-i2c driver:

IR NEC protocol handler initialized
IR RC5(x) protocol handler initialized
IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
IR JVC protocol handler initialized
IR Sony protocol handler initialized
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_dev_fop_poll
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_dev_fop_poll
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_dev_fop_open
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_dev_fop_open
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_get_pdata
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_get_pdata
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_dev_fop_close
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_dev_fop_close
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_dev_fop_read
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_dev_fop_read
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_register_driver
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_register_driver
ir_lirc_codec: disagrees about version of symbol lirc_dev_fop_ioctl
ir_lirc_codec: Unknown symbol lirc_dev_fop_ioctl
Registered IR keymap rc-hauppauge-new
input: i2c IR (WinTV HVR-1950 Model 75 as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0/input5
rc0: i2c IR (WinTV HVR-1950 Model 75 as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0
ir-kbd-i2c: i2c IR (WinTV HVR-1950 Model 75 detected at i2c-15/15-0071/ir0 [pvrusb2_a]
lirc_dev: lirc_register_driver: sample_rate: 0

Its not clear what I need to do to send, and am hoping that someone has had some success with this device.

Any help would be appreciated.