[mythtv-users] Starting MythTV

Duncan Gillibrand duncang92 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 18 20:57:21 UTC 2012

Cheers Bill.

I checked apparmor and all looks same as yours in option 2.

I do believe that all my issues are owner/permissions based although after I
created a user mysql and changed ownership of files to be mysql then there
was no way that I could get the database to run etc..

I am confused as to owners and users of files between root, mysql and mythtv
as to who should own what and what should be entered into files such as
mysql.txt etc..

Is there a good guide as to how to set this all upanywhere? I originally
followed http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Initial_Installation but had
changed user to duncan vs. mythtv ... I think I remember that I could not
access the database with the mysql -u duncan -p until I had changed the
owners of the files to be Duncan.